The Royal Academy of Engineering Industrial Fellowships scheme 2021
- Are you an engineer looking for an opportunity to carry out collaborative research?
- Would you like to strengthen corporate and personal links and enhance knowledge transfer in engineering with academia?
- Or perhaps you’re looking for some industrial experience and knowledge of current industry practices to enhance your teaching?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then please consider applying for an Industrial Fellowship
The Royal Academy of Engineering Industrial Fellowships scheme enables mid-career academics and industrialists to undertake a collaborative research project in either an industrial or academic environment, where one party would host the other.
The scheme aims to strengthen the strategic relationship between industry and academia by providing an opportunity to establish or enhance collaborative research between the two parties.
- The scheme is open to engineers from all disciplines
- An industry to academia fellowship option is now available
- Awards can be held from six months to two years, full-time or part-time
- The Academy will contribute up to a maximum of £50,000 (per-annul) towards the basic salary costs (excluding overheads) of the applicant, paid pro-rata against the amount of time to be spent at the host organization. The total award is capped at £100,000 for awards that exceed one year in duration
Applicants can be of any nationality. Applicants with both new and existing partnerships are eligible to apply. SME and medium-sized industrial organizations are welcome to particularly apply.
Industrial Fellows can be hosted by an academic institution or an industrial organization, and should be partnered with an industrial or academic partner accordingly. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make these arrangements. The application must clearly state the mutual benefit of the fellowship and the collaborative project to both organizations.
Applications are welcome from any engineering discipline. If you are unsure whether your proposal falls within the Academy’s engineering remit, please email Jorge Ospina.
Application Deadline: 8 March 2021
For More Information: